Wave Electric is proud to provide high-quality electrical upgrades. It’s that time of year again. The gyms are getting less busy as we all begin reevaluating exactly how important our New Year’s Resolutions really are. Your New Year’s electrical upgrades, however, should not be taken lightly. The National Fire Protection Association estimates that nearly 50,000 fires are caused each year by faulty electrical systems in homes. Of these fires, about 450 deaths are the result and up to 1500 injuries. Don’t let your family fall victim to these statistics.
Why Call Wave Electric?
Wave Electric understands your electrical system! We are happy to help provide insight and information regarding electrical upgrading services, as well as tips for proper maintenance to keep your home and family safe. Following the advice below may help increase your home’s electrical safety, but you should always call Wave Electric with any questions for a more thorough understanding of your current electrical system.
Here are eight easy resolutions that can help keep your home and your family safe.
- Sockets Near Water– We all need outlets in our bathrooms and kitchens. So how do we stay safe if our outlets are located near a sink, or other water source? Installing GFCI sockets, or ground fault circuit interrupter sockets, can help. These outlets literally ground out the socket, should water become introduced. Installing this type of outlet in bathrooms, on kitchen counters, or in any other area where water might get into sockets can help keep your home and your family safe.
- Noticing the Signs of Faulty Wiring– The symptoms of faulty wiring in your home may be easily brushed off. However, these can be signs of a potentially dangerous situation. Keep a close lookout whenever dealing with your electrical system. A good habit to get into would be to feel your light switches every time you turn a light on or off. Do they feel warm? If so, faulty wiring may be to blame. Notice if you’ve been blowing fuses or tripping circuits more. This may be due to faulty wiring. Another symptom would be flickering and dimming lights. If you notice any of these signs in your home, call Wave Electric ASAP to have your electrical system inspected. Call today to find out more about electrical upgrades, as well as other signs of faulty wiring.
- Wattages- The wattage that is written on the inside of lamp sockets is there for a reason. Though it may seem time consuming, taking the time to check all your lamps, and ensuring that the bulbs inside them match the recommended wattage can make a huge difference. Not only do higher watt bulbs take up more energy, these higher wattage bulbs are likely to blow more often and can pose a threat to you and your family.
- Damaged Cords- Though it may seem like a trivial thing, that kink on your electrical cord may be just enough to cause a fire. You should take the time to check your cords and make sure that if they are damaged, they are either professionally repaired or replaced entirely.
- Install More Outlets- Though using things such as extension cords or power strips can be considered safe from time to time, continuous use can cause problems. Every time you use an extension cord, you are at a slightly higher risk for an accidental fire. Ensuring the cord is in good shape and out of the way can help lower the risk, but if you’re continuously utilizing an extension cord for an appliance, it’s time to consider more outlets. Power strips can also be handy if you need an extra outlet for a few minutes, but continuous use can overload an outlet, causing problems and putting your home at risk for an electrical fire. If you find yourself constantly leaning on that power strip, it may be time to consider some electrical upgrades. Call and ask about our outlet installation services!
- Energy Efficient Appliances- We all want to save money on our electric bill. Installing energy efficient appliances can help save money on your monthly bill by using less electricity overall. These appliances can also be safer for your home.
- Surge Protectors- H a surge protector in place can help keep your home safe, and can help prevent issues if there is a power surge. Power surges have the potential to cause sparks that can then lead to fire. They can also overload circuits and cause damage to your overall system, as well as your appliances. A surge protector can help prevent these issues.
- Replace Smoke Detectors- The last, and possibly most essential resolution you should make is to check and replace all your smoke detectors. Smoke detectors can be your first line of defense if your electrical system does go awry. You can truly protect your family, as well as your home with our smoke detector installation services.
If you think your home may need an electrical upgrade, call Wave Electric today to discuss your options!
Feel Good About Keeping Your Resolutions This Year! Call Wave Electric and Ask About Our Electrical Upgrades!